Wednesday 21 May 2008

Track 10: A Spoon That You Can Bend


Lyrics:
When I'm said
I think of it as music
A song that has an end
A spoon that you can bend

When I'm sad
I think of it as music
A song that has an end
A bike that you can mend

Don't worry love
You will get by

Don't worry love
You will get by

Background:
Do you remember Uri Geller, the spoon bender from the eighties? I tried to bend so many spoons when I was a kid. No luck, there, unfortunately. No fortune there, unluckily.

Sometimes I think about changing the band name into The Uri Geller After Experience. The after experience is something that happens after (duh) you've met Mr Geller. According to himself, his bending powers are so strong, they tend to affect you hours after your rendez vous. I want to cause after effects too. It doesn't necessarily have to be huge, just a little tickling in your left foot, or a funny hairstyle.

I think the song came out as a mix between these thoughts and the fact the everyone in my surrounding were so sad that I ran out of comforting words. Thus, I wrote a song that goes on forever, forever and forever, that rocks the cradle into oblivion.

Next week:
Track 11 - Paper View


No comments: